EXCLUSIVE: POLITICIANS are to demand answers from Edinburgh tram project contractors over a contaminated waste scandal that is delaying work yet again.
Exclusive interview with Cammell Laird chief John Syvret on how the Birkenhead shipyard was brought back from the brink
Marc Waddington speaks to JOHN SYVRET CBE, chief executive of Cammell Laird
The price of petrol has reached a new record high, putting more pressure on the Chancellor to cut fuel duty in the upcoming Budget.
Saturday, 03 March 2012
- Mayor defends driverless trainsMayor of London Boris Johnson defends his vision of driverless Tube trains after a near miss in which a five-year-old boy fell between a platform and train.
- Oil price dips from fresh highsOil prices dip after hitting their highest level since July 2008 after Saudi Arabia denies reports of a pipeline explosion.
- Rise in air travel boosts BBA AviationFull-year revenues at the after-market sales division rise by almost a quarter, with geographical expansion also contributing to growth
- Nearly four per cent of drivers uninsuredAn estimated four per cent of drivers are getting behind the wheel without insurance, according to the latest official figures.
- Motorists face finding another £4 to fill upMotorists face a
- Minnows are the target of rush for black goldHIGH crude prices and brighter prospects for exploration success in 2012 are fuelling an investor scramble for junior oil and gas stocks. The black gold rush by speculators is being driven by hopes for a fresh wave of industry consolidation.
- MSP tells Edinburgh tram contractors to come clean over toxic waste scandalEXCLUSIVE: POLITICIANS are to demand answers from Edinburgh tram project contractors over a contaminated waste scandal that is delaying work yet again.
Daily Post (North Wales)
- Fuel prices across North Wales reach record highRECORD petrol and diesel prices are fuelling more misery for hard pressed motorists.
- Asbestos scare on Merseyrail trainsHEATERS on most of Merseyrailís trains were turned off last week while the operator waited for the results of tests for asbestos.
- Exclusive interview with Cammell Laird chief John Syvret on how the Birkenhead shipyard was brought back from the brinkMarc Waddington speaks to JOHN SYVRET CBE, chief executive of Cammell Laird
Newcastle Evening Chronicle
- Dunston Staithes could become part of cycle route HOPES have emerged of a new role for an industrial monument after the completion of a survey into its condition.
Nottingham Evening Post
- Nottingham Post published Tragic mother's appeal after son dies in bicycle accidentTHE mother of a 14-year-old boy who died after he was knocked off his bike has called for safety improvements on the road where...
The Press and Journal (Aberdeen)
- Landslide road to reopen for localsA lifeline road in Wester Ross which was closed for months following a landslide will be reopened for four hours a day for emergency local traffic after the relief ferry ran aground and was damaged.
- North views ėignoredô in Scots rail shake-upBUSINESS leaders claimed last night that Inverness and the Highlands were being ignored in a government consultation on a shake-up of rail services.
- Fuel campaigners urge probe over price risesFuel campaigners in the Western Isles have sent Chief Secretary to the Treasury Danny Alexander what they claim is a dossier of evidence of discriminatory behaviour by the areaôs main fuel distributor.
- Petrol price hits record at over 137p a litreThe price of petrol has reached a new record high, putting more pressure on the Chancellor to cut fuel duty in the upcoming Budget.
- Flying Scotsman: Another train delay, but museum boss stays putTHE director of the National Railway Museum in York has confirmed he will stay in his job despite previously saying he would “fall on his sword” if the troubled restoration of the Flying Scotsman was not completed in time for a high-profile event next month.
East Anglian Daily Times
- Essex/Suffolk: Delays for rail users after train breaks downA BROKEN-DOWN train has caused delays for services heading in and out of Liverpool Street Station this evening.
- Changes to údangerousĚ junctionWORK is under way to improve a Sunderland road that has become an accident blackspot.
Other Regional Press
- Bye bye potholes: Go-ahead given for road resurfacing schemes in HuddersfieldSEVERAL Huddersfield roads are to be resurfaced and repaired.
- Meeting the transport minister, giving evidence at a parliamentary committee, and addressing the Singapore air showFollowing our recent meeting with Labourôs shadow Transport Secretary Maria Eagle, in the last fortnight AEF, together with a number of other NGOs, discussed†the emerging aviation policy with†Secretary of State for Transport Justine Greening. †As part of our work feeding in to the policy review, Tim also met with HACAN, BAA, BA and NATS to [...]
- Singapore Airlines to boost fuel surcharge as global oil prices rise to 9-month highsSingapore Airlines Ltd. says it will increase the fuel surcharge on its tickets as global oil prices rise to nine-month highs.
Other News Sources
- Boeing targets year end 777X launchBoeing is targeting a year-end board launch for its conceptual 777X, in time for a late decade service entry, said the company's commercial unit CEO, Jim...
- A disaster recalls how trains once terrified - and transformed - the worldIn the 19th century, trains were the first widespread form of mechanical locomotion, and they transformed the world. Our ancestors were keenly aware of both the power and the danger of them. The ...
- Airbus in A380 sales talks with two carriersThe Middle East has become the main sales region for the A380, with Emirates having ordered 90 in total and Qatar Airways and Etihad a combined 20. Emirates, which already operates 20 of the ...
- Friday, 02 March 2012
- Thursday, 01 March 2012
- Wednesday, 29 February 2012
- Tuesday, 28 February 2012
- Monday, 27 February 2012
- Sunday, 26 February 2012
Conferences & Expo's
- 19th Annual conference of railway experts - 14-15 February 2017 - Germany
- Delivering major rail projects - 29 November 2016 - London
- ERTMS Education Days - 1 December 2016 - London
- Exporail 2016 - 26-28 October 2016 - Moscow
- Fixed Track Forms for High Speed - 11 October - Manchester
- Intelligent Rail Summit 2016 - 22-24 November 2016 - Naples
- Moblab - 12-13 October 2016 - Switzerland
- Northern Powerhouse Rail Conference - 10 November 2016 - Manchester
- Passenger Terminal Expo 2017 - 14-16 March 2017 Amsterdam
- Rail Business Awards - 23 February 2017 - London
- Rail IT World Congress - 14-15 November 2016- Amsterdam
- Rail simulation technology forum - 21-23 November 2016 - Amsterdam
- Railcon 16 - 13-14 October 2016 - Serbia
- Railtech 2017 - 28-24 March 2017 - Utrecht
- Railtex 2017 - 9-11 May 2017 - Birmingham
- Railway Brake and Friction - 14 December 2016 - Derby
- Railway condition Monitoring - 27-28 September 2016 - Birmingham
- Rolling Stock Procurement - 15 November 2016 - London
- SmartMetro 2016 - 1-3 November 2016 - Copenhagen
- SmartRail USA - 25-26 October 2016 - New York
- Stephenson Conference - 25-27 April 2017 - London
- The Future of Rail - 1 December 2016 - London
- Transport-Led Development in the Midlands 2016 - 19 October 2016 - Birmingham
- World Metro Rail Congress - 25-26 April 2017 - London
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Urban Transport Group
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- BALPA (British Airline Pilots Association)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association