The M4 is shut for up to five days between London and Heathrow Airport when a crack is found in the road's elevated section.
A MULTI-MILLION pound upgrade to a North Yorkshire motorway has been officially opened.
No luxury car maker worth its salt is without a bicycle in its line-up so, not to be outdone by the likes of Ferrari and Porsche, Aston Martin is publicising its one-77 supercar with a road bike of the same name.read more
Saturday, 07 July 2012
- Motorway closed over cracks fearThe M4 is shut for up to five days between London and Heathrow Airport when a crack is found in the road's elevated section.
- Bus tycoon Ann Gloag hits the road for charity in the Banger RallySTAGECOACH founder Ann Gloag kicked off her very own charity wacky races yesterday – and got lost in just a few minutes after following a car full of Santas.
London Evening Standard
- Official: Rush hour rail crowds ARE getting worsePassengers today hit out at rail bosses after official figures showed overcrowding on rush hour trains is getting worse.
- Hit and run: Have-a-go heroes tackled fleeing driver after Sheffield ˜carnage™HERO passers-by tackled a hit-and-run driver and passenger who fled a horrific crash - described by one police officer as the most harrowing he has ever seen.
- 200 caravan jobs axedCARAVAN manufacturer Willerby Holiday Homes says it is shedding nearly 200 jobs – weeks after the Government announced it was cutting back on a controversial new tax after coming under intense pressure from MPs and the industry.
Other Regional Press
- Warning for drivers in Aberdeen as work starts on major roadDRIVERS were being warned of possible delays as the final part of a three-year project to resurface a main commuter route in Aberdeen starts tomorrow.
- A1 upgrade is opened A MULTI-MILLION pound upgrade to a North Yorkshire motorway has been officially opened.
Other News Sources
- Smartanalysis adds driver debriefing toolDriver infringements and failure to manage drivers effectively can be expensive for any road transport operator and could put their Operators Licence in jeopardy. The authorities take a dim view of repeated offences and a failure to manage drivers™ infringements. Smartdebrief has been designed to make this task easier for busy Transport, Depot and Compliance Managers. Smartdebrief is a powerful new driver debriefing tool within Smartanalysis, the tachograph analysis and compliance management solution used by fleets of all sizes. It provides a configurable debrief scheme where an operator can d...
- Friday, 06 July 2012
- Thursday, 05 July 2012
- Wednesday, 04 July 2012
- Tuesday, 03 July 2012
- Monday, 02 July 2012
- Sunday, 01 July 2012
Conferences & Expo's
- 19th Annual conference of railway experts - 14-15 February 2017 - Germany
- 2nd Annual: Transport-Led Development in the North of England - 1 February 2017 - London
- Eurasiarail 2017 - 2-4 March 2017 - Istanbul
- Passenger Terminal Expo - 14-17 March 2017 - Amsterdam
- Passenger Terminal Expo 2017 - 14-16 March 2017 Amsterdam
- Rail Business Awards - 23 February 2017 - London
- Railtech 2017 - 28-24 March 2017 - Utrecht
- Railtex 2017 - 9-11 May 2017 - Birmingham
- SmartRail Europe - 5-6 April 2017 - Amsterdam
- Stephenson Conference - 25-27 April 2017 - London
- Track Maintenance & Asset Management Congress - 24-25th January 2017 -Berlin
- Track-Bridge Interaction Workshop - 1 February 2017 - Taunton
- Transport-Led Development in London and the South East - 17 January 2017
- World Metro Rail Congress - 25-26 April 2017 - London
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Urban Transport Group
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- BALPA (British Airline Pilots Association)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association