Train services should be axed to bring down the cost of running the country's railways, MPs have been told.
FREE wireless internet has been launched on trains between the Capital and Glasgow as part of a new £250,000 trial.
Transport bosses are preparing a pioneering scheme to claw back control of bus services in West Yorkshire.
A MASSIVE multi-billion-pound train carriage order will put jobs and investment on track in South Tyneside – despite union warnings over contract delays.
Wednesday, 20 June 2012
- Bid to tempt tourists from LondonTourism chiefs set out to tempt Gatwick Airport's 30m passengers to
- Ryanair tries to buy Aer LingusBudget airline Ryanair launches another attempt to buy its biggest Irish rival, Aer Lingus, the day after an investigation was launched into its existing stake.
- Ryanair: O™Leary™s summer surpriseA deal with Aer Lingus was blocked five years ago because carriers were important operators on short-haul routes and regulators may take some persuading now
- Ryanair makes third bid for Aer LingusIrish carrier in â‚¬700m offer, arguing circumstances have changed from previous competition objections amid European flag carrier consolidation
- Ryanair in bid to buy Aer LingusBUDGET airline Ryanair said it planned to make a â‚¬694 million cash bid for Aer Lingus in a fresh attempt to gain control of its rival.
- Ryanair in new bid for Aer Lingus The low-cost carrier made a shock announcement after the stock markets closed that it is offering €1.30 per Aer Lingus share in an all cash bid, which values the Irish flag carrier at about €694m (£560m).
- Ryanair's Lingus bidRYANAIR yesterday launched a fresh €694million (£556million) attempt to gain control of Irish flag carrier Aer Lingus.
- Government orders research into regional rate for air passenger dutyAIRPORT chiefs have welcomed news that the Government has commissioned research into varying air passenger duty on a regional basis.
- Japan Airlines to cut fuel surchargesFall in price of oil leads to lower charges on UK-Japan flights
Other News Sources
- Heathrow announces measures to further improve operations Heathrow has announced the launch of a new initiative to further improve the airport™s operational efficiency, reduce delays and improve flight punctuality for the 70 million passengers that pass through its doors each year.
- Tuesday, 19 June 2012
- Monday, 18 June 2012
- Sunday, 17 June 2012
- Saturday, 16 June 2012
- Friday, 15 June 2012
- Thursday, 14 June 2012
Conferences & Expo's
- 19th Annual conference of railway experts - 14-15 February 2017 - Germany
- 2nd Annual: Transport-Led Development in the North of England - 1 February 2017 - London
- Eurasiarail 2017 - 2-4 March 2017 - Istanbul
- Passenger Terminal Expo - 14-17 March 2017 - Amsterdam
- Passenger Terminal Expo 2017 - 14-16 March 2017 Amsterdam
- Rail Business Awards - 23 February 2017 - London
- Railtech 2017 - 28-24 March 2017 - Utrecht
- Railtex 2017 - 9-11 May 2017 - Birmingham
- SmartRail Europe - 5-6 April 2017 - Amsterdam
- Stephenson Conference - 25-27 April 2017 - London
- Track Maintenance & Asset Management Congress - 24-25th January 2017 -Berlin
- Track-Bridge Interaction Workshop - 1 February 2017 - Taunton
- Transport-Led Development in London and the South East - 17 January 2017
- World Metro Rail Congress - 25-26 April 2017 - London
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Urban Transport Group
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- BALPA (British Airline Pilots Association)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association