Driving tests could soon be available from branches of Halfords under plans announced today by Road Safety Minister Mike Penning.
The Government has scrapped plans to sell its 49% stake in air traffic control company Nats. Transport Secretary Justine Greening said it was best for taxpayers, travellers and Nats if the Government retained its shareholding.
Network Rail and train companies have today released more detailed information than ever before about train punctuality, showing passengers the number of services that arrive within a minute of their...
A key rail bottleneck between Peterborough and the east will be tackled by a £3.8 million investment from the European Parliament.
Wednesday, 11 July 2012
- Final tender from CT Plus to run Jersey's buses approved Jersey's transport minister has approved the final tender from CT Plus for the island's public and school bus contract.
- Door-to-door bus service extendedPeople living in rural parts of Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire will have access to a new on-demand bus service from Monday.
- Bus union recommends Games dealBus drivers in London demanding a bonus for working the Olympics are recommended by their union to accept a pay offer.
- Unite urges London bus workers to accept pay deal for Olympics run Offer forged by union with bus companies and Acas could head off threat of bus strike at end of July
- Remember the trolleybuses? This man wants to bring them back to...Derby’s population is likely to increase by a third in the next 30 years. But retired Derby town planner Bryan Moore has come up with a radical solution to make sure the city does not end up grid-locked – bringing back trolley buses. Robin Johnson reports.
London Evening Standard
- London bus staff made confidential offer to avert further strikesBus staff in London have been made an offer for working during the Olympics in a bid to avert the threat of further strikes.
Yorkshire Evening Post
- Safety fears over proposals to lift Leeds bus lane taxi banPlans to allow taxis to use bus lanes in Leeds have sparked safety concerns among cyclists and councillors.
- Tuesday, 10 July 2012
- Monday, 09 July 2012
- Sunday, 08 July 2012
- Saturday, 07 July 2012
- Friday, 06 July 2012
- Thursday, 05 July 2012
Conferences & Expo's
- Bogie 16 - 12-15 September 2016 - Budapest
- Comprail 2016 - 19-21 July 2016 - Madrid
- Exporail 2016 - 26-28 October 2016 - Moscow
- Future of London Transport Strategy - 3 November 2016 - Bracknell
- High Speed Rail in the UK - 30 June 2016 - London
- Innotrans - 20-23 September 2016 - Berlin
- Intelligent Rail Summit 2016 - 22-24 November 2016 - Naples
- Northern Powerhouse Rail Conference - 10 November 2016 - Manchester
- Rail Live 2016 - 22-23 June 2016 - Warwickshire
- Railway Brake and Friction - 14 December 2016 - Derby
- Railweek - 27 June - 3 July 2016
- RVE 2016 - 6 October 2016 - Derby
- SmartMetro 2016 - 1-3 November 2016 - Copenhagen
- SmartRail USA - 25-26 October 2016 - New York
- UIC Global Rail Freight Conference - 22-23 June 2016 - Rotterdam
- UK Light Rail Conference - 27-28 July 2016 - Birmingham
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Urban Transport Group
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- BALPA (British Airline Pilots Association)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association