The M4 is shut for up to five days between London and Heathrow Airport when a crack is found in the road's elevated section.
A MULTI-MILLION pound upgrade to a North Yorkshire motorway has been officially opened.
No luxury car maker worth its salt is without a bicycle in its line-up so, not to be outdone by the likes of Ferrari and Porsche, Aston Martin is publicising its one-77 supercar with a road bike of the same name.read more
Saturday, 07 July 2012
- VIDEO: Would you fly in a pilotless plane?Britain and France will unveil the next generation of unmanned drones at next week's Farnborough Airshow.
- £65,000 fine over 'runaway train'A rail company responsible for a train which overshot a station by two-and-a-half miles is fined £65,000.
- Motorway closed over cracks fearThe M4 is shut for up to five days between London and Heathrow Airport when a crack is found in the road's elevated section.
- Bus tycoon Ann Gloag hits the road for charity in the Banger RallySTAGECOACH founder Ann Gloag kicked off her very own charity wacky races yesterday – and got lost in just a few minutes after following a car full of Santas.
Edinburgh Evening News
- Tram shop plan axed for being waste of moneyControversial plans to open a £160,000 “tram shop” in the West End next month have been scrapped.
London Evening Standard
- Official: Rush hour rail crowds ARE getting worsePassengers today hit out at rail bosses after official figures showed overcrowding on rush hour trains is getting worse.
Manchester Evening News
- MPs plead: ‘Don’t let high speed train link come off rails’Predicted passenger numbers for a super-fast railway link between Manchester and London ARE realistic, say supporters after MPs cast doubt on the project. The Commons Public Accounts Committee (PAC) have slammed the country's first high-speed link between London and the Channel Tunnel after it went nearly £5bn over budget.
- Hit and run: Have-a-go heroes tackled fleeing driver after Sheffield ˜carnage™HERO passers-by tackled a hit-and-run driver and passenger who fled a horrific crash - described by one police officer as the most harrowing he has ever seen.
- Plea for single train franchiseSOUTH Yorkshire’s local rail services could become part of a new franchise managed by regional transport bosses.
- 200 caravan jobs axedCARAVAN manufacturer Willerby Holiday Homes says it is shedding nearly 200 jobs – weeks after the Government announced it was cutting back on a controversial new tax after coming under intense pressure from MPs and the industry.
- Exclusive: Green light for £500m rail hub and help for rural motoristsYORKSHIRE is on the verge of another major transport breakthrough as Ministers prepare to give the green light to a £560m rail scheme to improve rail services across the North.
Carlisle News & Star
- Delay over airport prompts criticism THE Irthington farmer who scuppered plans to redevelop Carlisle Airport says the latest proposals should have been turned down too.
- James quits work for 10,000-mile bike ride CYCLIST James Desmond has quit his job to cycle 10,000 miles around the world.
Other Regional Press
- High-speed ticket machine at Aberdeen railway stationA NEW touch-screen ticket machine has been installed at Aberdeen railway station.
- Warning for drivers in Aberdeen as work starts on major roadDRIVERS were being warned of possible delays as the final part of a three-year project to resurface a main commuter route in Aberdeen starts tomorrow.
- Lord Marshall Executive who turned British Airways from a sleeping giant into a world leaderThirty years ago, British Airways was a loss-making discredit to the nation. Good people within the organisation were stifled by a bloated bureaucracy and a shocking lack of corporate focus on the long-suffering passenger.
- A1 upgrade is opened A MULTI-MILLION pound upgrade to a North Yorkshire motorway has been officially opened.
- Aston Martin One-77 bicycle is no James Bond bike No luxury car maker worth its salt is without a bicycle in its line-up so, not to be outdone by the likes of Ferrari and Porsche, Aston Martin is publicising its one-77 supercar with a road bike of the same name.read more
Other News Sources
- Smartanalysis adds driver debriefing toolDriver infringements and failure to manage drivers effectively can be expensive for any road transport operator and could put their Operators Licence in jeopardy. The authorities take a dim view of repeated offences and a failure to manage drivers™ infringements. Smartdebrief has been designed to make this task easier for busy Transport, Depot and Compliance Managers. Smartdebrief is a powerful new driver debriefing tool within Smartanalysis, the tachograph analysis and compliance management solution used by fleets of all sizes. It provides a configurable debrief scheme where an operator can d...
- Passenger traffic shows modest growth at 3% year over year as air freight is flat for MayOn a global level,demand for air travel has consistently posted positive year over year growth for every month for the last two years. Much of the growth can be attributed to airports based in...
- EUROCONTROL Permanent Commission appoints Frank Brenner as new Director General from January 2013The EUROCONTROL Permanent Commission has appointed Mr Frank Brenner as Director General of EUROCONTROL with effect from 1 January 2013. Mr Brenner is currently the DFS (Deutsche Flugsicherung...
- Friday, 06 July 2012
- Thursday, 05 July 2012
- Wednesday, 04 July 2012
- Tuesday, 03 July 2012
- Monday, 02 July 2012
- Sunday, 01 July 2012
Conferences & Expo's
- 19th Annual conference of railway experts - 14-15 February 2017 - Germany
- Delivering major rail projects - 29 November 2016 - London
- ERTMS Education Days - 1 December 2016 - London
- Exporail 2016 - 26-28 October 2016 - Moscow
- Fixed Track Forms for High Speed - 11 October - Manchester
- Future of London Transport Strategy - 3 November 2016 - Bracknell
- Intelligent Rail Summit 2016 - 22-24 November 2016 - Naples
- Moblab - 12-13 October 2016 - Switzerland
- Northern Powerhouse Rail Conference - 10 November 2016 - Manchester
- Passenger Terminal Expo 2017 - 14-16 March 2017 Amsterdam
- Rail Business Awards - 23 February 2017 - London
- Rail IT World Congress - 14-15 November 2016- Amsterdam
- Rail simulation technology forum - 21-23 November 2016 - Amsterdam
- Railcon 16 - 13-14 October 2016 - Serbia
- Railtech 2017 - 28-24 March 2017 - Utrecht
- Railtex 2017 - 9-11 May 2017 - Birmingham
- Railway Brake and Friction - 14 December 2016 - Derby
- Railway condition Monitoring - 27-28 September 2016 - Birmingham
- Rolling Stock Procurement - 15 November 2016 - London
- SmartMetro 2016 - 1-3 November 2016 - Copenhagen
- SmartRail USA - 25-26 October 2016 - New York
- Stephenson Conference - 25-27 April 2017 - London
- The Future of Rail - 1 December 2016 - London
- Transport-Led Development in the Midlands 2016 - 19 October 2016 - Birmingham
- World Metro Rail Congress - 25-26 April 2017 - London
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Urban Transport Group
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- BALPA (British Airline Pilots Association)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association