Sweeping reform would begin with renationalisation of key routes and end franchising of servicesPlans to bring the national rail network back under public ownership in order to halt big fare increases and prevent private companies siphoning off huge profits will be considered by Labour as part of its policy review, the Observer can reveal.An independent thinktank report out on Monday, which puts forward a detailed plan for effective renationalisation, was warmly welcomed by the party's transport spokeswoman, Maria Eagle, who said the study was timely and put forward a
Party sources said Lord Feldman, one of David Cameron’s closest friends, was ‘in the loop’ about the climb down on the 3p a litre fuel duty.
Sunday, 01 July 2012
- East and west coast lines reopenEfforts to get Scotland's rail network running as normal again continue after heavy rain caused massive disruption.
- The sufferings of commuters could decide the next election New policies from Labour represent a calculation that radical changes to the rail network can be electorally popular
- Labour backs plans to return railway network to public controlSweeping reform would begin with renationalisation of key routes and end franchising of servicesPlans to bring the national rail network back under public ownership in order to halt big fare increases and prevent private companies siphoning off huge profits will be considered by Labour as part of its policy review, the Observer can reveal.An independent thinktank report out on Monday, which puts forward a detailed plan for effective renationalisation, was warmly welcomed by the party's transport spokeswoman, Maria Eagle, who said the study was timely and put forward a
- Misery as West Coast line shut for second timeTHOUSANDS of train passengers were hit by further disruption yesterday as the busiest rail route between England and Scotland was shut for the second time in 24 hours.
- The Jubilee Line? What would you choose to name after Her Majesty? THE hunt is on for a major city landmark to be named after her Majesty the Queen, in honour of her Diamond Jubilee year.
- UK weather chaos: The clean-up begins but rail delays continue after second wettest June on recordThousands of homes were still without power today after rainstorms swept large parts of the UK
- Hitachi project is the real deal AN elephant and about 400 members of the building trade gathered in the main auditorium of the Xcel Centre, Newton Aycliffe, County Durham, yesterday morning.
Other Regional Press
- HS2 ‘day of action’ planned Plans for a HS2 day of action have been announced.
- MP: Constituents “in tears” over plans for HS2 in Northamptonshire Conservative MP for South Northamptonshire, Andrea Leadsom, said she had experienced worried constituents “in tears” in her advice surgeries as a result of fears over the HS2 rail project.
- Decision on final route of HS2 line ploughs ahead A DECISION on the final route of the HS2 rail line should be made before the end of the year.
- Decision on final route of HS2 line ploughs aheadA DECISION on the final route of the HS2 rail line should be made before the end of the year.
- Saturday, 30 June 2012
- Friday, 29 June 2012
- Thursday, 28 June 2012
- Wednesday, 27 June 2012
- Tuesday, 26 June 2012
- Monday, 25 June 2012
Conferences & Expo's
- 19th Annual conference of railway experts - 14-15 February 2017 - Germany
- 2nd Annual: Transport-Led Development in the North of England - 1 February 2017 - London
- Eurasiarail 2017 - 2-4 March 2017 - Istanbul
- Passenger Terminal Expo - 14-17 March 2017 - Amsterdam
- Passenger Terminal Expo 2017 - 14-16 March 2017 Amsterdam
- Rail Business Awards - 23 February 2017 - London
- Railtech 2017 - 28-24 March 2017 - Utrecht
- Railtex 2017 - 9-11 May 2017 - Birmingham
- SmartRail Europe - 5-6 April 2017 - Amsterdam
- Stephenson Conference - 25-27 April 2017 - London
- Track Maintenance & Asset Management Congress - 24-25th January 2017 -Berlin
- Track-Bridge Interaction Workshop - 1 February 2017 - Taunton
- Transport-Led Development in London and the South East - 17 January 2017
- World Metro Rail Congress - 25-26 April 2017 - London
- Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive)
- Department for Transport
- European Commission (Transport)
- European Commission, Transport Research Knowledge Centre
- Greater London Authority - Transport
- Merseytravel (Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive)
- Metro (West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Exectutive)
- Nexus (Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Executive)
- Plymouth Transport
- Scottish Regional Transport Partnerships
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- The Scottish Government (Transport)
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Transport for London
- Urban Transport Group
- Welsh Assembly Government (Transport)
- World Transport News in Russian
Bus and Coach
- Aviation Environment Federation
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Friends of The Earth
- Gatwick Area Conservation Campaign
- HACAN ClearSkies
- London City Airport Fight the Flights
- Save Our Buses
- Stop Stansted Expansion
Friends of TransportInfo
- ASLEF (Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen)
- BALPA (British Airline Pilots Association)
- RMT (Rail, Maritime and Transport Union)
- TSSA (Transport Salaried Staffs' Association)
- ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies)
- Freight on Rail
- Network Rail
- Rail Freight Group
- Railway Study Association